Friday, January 4, 2013

New Shoes

I've been to the gym 3 of the 4 days of the new year! Tuesday I walked 2.7 miles on the treadmill to start training for the 8k in March. When I was finished I could hardly walk because of my feet hurting so badly! I made two errors 1) walked too far too soon, 2) walked in shoes that are too old! I found a training program for a 10k that has the training walk for 5 miles (8k) on the same Saturday as my race so I'm loosely following that training plan. Their days off are different from the ones I want to take so I'll adjust that, but follow it basically!

I also went yesterday to get new shoes just for my 8k training. I am planning to walk the whole thing, but if I get inspired to jog a little I won't stop myself!  LOL

Here is a picture of my shoes and new socks!  


No comments:

Post a Comment