Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Little changes...

I decided I need to start posting my progress again. I've officially lost 35.5 pounds since last year about this time, but it's been 25.5 since Sept. 3, 2012 which works out to be about 2.5 pounds a week. Not what I wished for (3 pounds a week), but a good safe weightt loss.

Now the little things I've been noticing: my seatbelt fits better, my shoes are a little looser, sitting farther from the steering wheel, and just getting around a little easier.

I've been complaining that I'm always tired, but I also know that I'm doing more. Yesterday and today I cleaned out cabinets in the kitchen. I've been baking sweets for Mike because he likes them and I've allowed  myself to eat a serving and accounted for them on my food log so I don't feel deprived.

I've been working out five days a week consistently for a few weeks now and can feel the results of my efforts on most days. I start out on the elliptical machine for 10 minutes, do weight machines and alternate with the elliptical. I started with just one minute on the elliptical between machines, but I'm not up to five minutes on the elliptical between machines.

The good news is that I'm losing weight, but the bad news is that it takes longer working out to burn as many calories!  I enjoy doing the weight machines and I know that weight lifting is what will burn more calories in the long run so I'm trying to put more time in there than on cardio.

My sister and I are already signed up for the Shamrock 8k in March so I need to start doing walking and building my stamina. I can already workout for 90 minutes, but much of that time is weight lifting so I'm not on my feet...I want to build my cardio time. My goal is to finish the 8k in less than 1.5 hours. The last time I did it I finished in 1:37 so I'd like to do it in less time than that!  I will let you know how that goes!  There is a 6k in February I'd like to do, but it's at Virginia Beach too and I'm not sure Mike will let me go over there twice in two months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment