Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm having a rough start to my day. My weight is up 1.5 pounds even with exercising and eating healthy. I feel tired and sleepy, didn't go exercise yesterday, and haven't yet today. Then I got an email about the Lynchburg Half Marathon that said the time limit was 3 hours!  WHAT?  It is obviously not walker friendly. I have been doubting my ability to do the half marathon since my walk on Saturday anyway, but this actually tells me that I can't possibly do it. I'm sad and relieved at the same time about that. I do think that I could do it, but it would take me at least 4 hours. I might just do it one day to prove to myself that I can!  :)

I've also been beating myself up about my weight loss and how slow it is, but I read today about a lady in her 30's who took 18 months to lose 100 pounds. I know we each are on our own journey, but that made me feel good too that I'm not just a slow poke in my weight loss.

I've been hungry lately too which hasn't helped my mood!  I haven't been hungry at all the last eight months so this is a little surprising to me and I'm not sure what the cause of it is. Usually by now I've adjusted to less calories and I don't get hungry when I'm eating non-processed foods.

I have found a place in Lynchburg that can test for body fat percentage in a body pod. I have thought about doing it for the last few months, but I might need to do that. I think because I lift weights I burn lots of calories, but I don't want to think that if it's not true! So I might just bite the bullet and humble myself to be in a bathing suit to take this test! I think body fat percentage is important to know and this is the best way, in my area, to have this test performed.

Well, I guess I'm off to get a cup of tea and maybe some popcorn to fill this empty belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment